Monday, July 18, 2005

Guitar Twaddle

Recently got a hold of an old (1974) black top Antoria Les Paul. Many years ago I had a gold top that I really enjoyed playing, chugged out a load of James Gang, Mountain and Velvet Underground riffs on it as I recall. All played through a battered WEM PA40 and two 2 x12s or a WEM Dominator. Well I’ve this black one now, I don’t think the neck is original, fingerboard is plain pearl and rosewood and the machines are new and a little odd. None the less the action and feel is good and I’m going to re string it and set it up properly for myself after the holidays. If I’m happy with it I’ll take it to Germany for our next batch of recordings with our buddy Martin Freitag from the band Mobil.



www.impossiblesongs.com
http://fairytalemanagement.blogspot.com
www.mp3tunes.com/impossiblesongs
www.angelfire.com/music2/wordswaitingformusic/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment