- Sit or lie down comfortably. Properly comfortably. Straighten your back, put your shoulders back to open your rib-cage.
- Relax your shoulder muscles particularly. Relax your whole body, and empty your mind.
- Close your eyes (obviously open them when you need to read the next stage).
- Take ten deep, slow breaths. Breathe from the pit of your stomach and feel your lungs filling.
- Focus on your breathing. Feel it getting deeper and slower. Feel yourself relaxing and any tension drifting away.
- Relax your shoulders and neck again.
- Visualise yourself being happy, succeeding, winning, being loved, laughing, feeling good.
- Relax your forehead, your mouth and your eyes.
- Allow a gentle smile to appear on your face as you feel a calmness enter your mind.
- Then say (out loud ideally) the words below (a script for personal change) to yourself:
"I am not a cat but I'm ok just the same...I am ok just the same...I am doing ok and everything is fine...just fine."