|"Hello Dave...aka CBQ."|
1. Aliens put a device on Earth that fast-forwards the evolution of apes to a higher form.
2. The higher form (us) find a similar device buried on the Moon.
3. When found, it sends a wake-up call to its buddies' portal, left out near Jupiter.
4. We take a hike to Jupiter, entrusting the lives of the crew to an A.I.
5. The A.I. goes loony-tunes and wastes most of the crew (later we find out why it went bananas).
6. The last crew member slips into the portal and is whisked across the cosmos.
7. He ends up in a kind of zoo, built from blueprints of his memories, and therefore a place that he will understand.
8. Time is an illusion. Doubly so in that place, which can hardly be described as real. He sees himself as he is now, as he will be as a dying man, and how he will be when advanced to the next stage of evolution.
P.S. The device or sentinel also looks like a cinema screen on it's side but moves through various angles, cinema therefore captures, describes and changes history...that's another theory.
The word or term or whatever "artificial intelligence" (A.I.) was first used/coined/spoken in 1955, the year of my birth.