Friday, February 10, 2023

Last of Us Episode 3


I only dip in and out of the Last of Us, I'm not able or willing to keep up with this, basically I don't much like zombies or weird fungus people. However I watched episode 3 and was really pleasantly impressed with the temporary change of direction; the tale of Bill and Frank. This is a wonderful, sensitive and disturbing piece of drama. Of course there's action, suspense and horror as the main story arc curves onwards but the accidental and bitter sweet lives of Bill and Frank are a finely crafted and sensitive love story that I didn't expect to see or feel so affected by. It also spawned a Linda Ronstadt track being played that might well rival Kate Bush's Stranger Things moment. The music never quite dies and neither do the memories. We're all running up a hill of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment