Sunday, December 17, 2023

Laïcité


"Most historical events were actually quite different from what you were taught or even imagined" (Detail). 

We need something like *this in our country (I forget the name and sometimes I don't even like to say it out loud as it's actually a bit of an embarrassment these days). I **wonder how things would be now if ...

*Laïcité (secularism) is the constitutional principle of secularism in France. Article 1 of the French Constitution is commonly interpreted as the separation of civil society and religious society. It discourages religious involvement in government affairs, especially in the determination of state policies as well as the recognition of a state religion. It also forbids government involvement in religious affairs, and especially prohibits government influence in the determination of religion, such that it includes a right to the free exercise of religion.

**Everything that I know I stole from Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment