Thursday, February 17, 2022

My Basket

 

Repetitive basket weaving. Despite their deadly efficiency, inefficiency and despite being an ex-employee (so I should know better) my Amazon basket does get cluttered with what I'd call "count up to 99 in French" impulse items. Very few of these items ever make it to being an actual purchase, they just hang there in basket limbo. Free parking while the wheels of my mind and the figures in my bank balance rotate, fluctuate and get dismissed or forgotten. 

I might buy this EP CD one day, I don't know. I quite like buying CDs as a sort of guilty pleasure to be enjoyed on long car journeys, few of them ever make the journey from the car to the house. This one's fate remains hanging on the death row of basket land. I can hear it on YouTube or Spotify anytime I like but then again it's only just a click away. That's the strange appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment