Friday, June 02, 2023

Eve's Pudding

 

In a week where I've been buffeted by tasty scones and confused over the thickness of store bought cream, I redeemed a tiny part of my soul with my in depth knowledge of Eve's pudding. Something I've never tried I must add. I just knew that it was out there, loose in a harsh world of appetites and not on many menus these days. It was a pub quiz question that I managed to sneak a correct answer in on. Now I want to try said pud. 

In a few days I know I'll forget this, that's how it goes with knowledge and desire. Like fellow travelers they are with you for a bit but eventually they fall away to be replaced by Aldi lentil snacks or lemon San Pellegrino or an iced latte in a random coffee shop. None of which will quite match up to their fantasy tastes, textures and effects. Farewell then "Eve's Pudding". I must move on. There are sunny uplands to walk upon they say ...

No comments:

Post a Comment