Monday, June 26, 2023

New Phone v Old Laptop

 

I took my new phone out for a photo walk in the garden. Having had an unreliable phone camera for a couple of months I needed to give the new one some exercise. Of course it works exactly the same as the old except that it works, it's new after all. You just point and shoot and hope for the best. I'm sure that's the essence of most photography. Nowadays you don't have to wait weeks to view the blurry and distorted results. Good progress that meant the collapse of camera factories and photo processing all across the world. The old laptop remains the weak link in this fairly basic artistic chain.

I've not said much about Glastonbury this year, still a little peeved at being rejected while politely standing in the virtual ticket queue for hours. Basically there seems to have been some listenable stuff but I'm not too upset to have missed Guns and Roses etc. I'm just not sure what anyone ever saw in them. I liked the Chicks and Lizzo. Eton John was pretty good as expected, the voice has aged like a bottle of Aldi Chardonnay but he still owns some proper bangers. Can't quite believe I was once 15 and carrying around a worn out copy of Tumbleweed Connection at high school in the hope of some sort of barter taking place. Time really does fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment