Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Hip Flask


Hitting the stylish bottle again. Funny how nice some drinks are when supped from a shapely bottle. So it's a Scottish tradition, the hip flask; rhubarb yes, maybe not the lime unless you were a sailor trying to avoid scurvy. Limes grown in an orangery? I'm unclear as to the actual spirit, there's no breakdown of ingredients but I'd guess some type of fashionable gin, fresh from the streams of the Angus glens and mashed up with local produce in a small distillery near Brechin. Hugh and Rowena are in charge of operations. They drive and old Landrover Defender and keep goats and chickens. Their Aga is an oil burner.

Drinking Gin is the current thing: Unlikely it's as simple as a bathtub operation, that seal and bottle design are way too classy. I'm tempted to smuggle it into a football match for old times sake. I'd probably get grassed up or I'd just throw it at an official, missing by miles. I would be setting such a bad example there, just a daft old man who's forgotten that too much time has passed. When I've swallowed it all I'll probably do that weird thing of keeping the empty bottle without ever quite getting round to using it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment