Saturday, February 24, 2024

12 Years Gone


This started life as a so called bargain kit guitar bought on eBay with "parts missing". I can't actually remember what parts were missing and it hardly matters now. That was about 12 years ago and I had some enthusiasm for the project because I was selling pyro decorated guitars as a sideline. I put the cat design on it and fiddled with it for a while but it was never finished and never playable. I just couldn't get the neck level right, it went through a few necks and it was all a bit of a bodge, so I thought. There's a broken drill bit stuck inside there as well but that's another story. Needless to say it went on to gather dust.

Fast forward: It's now complete (I bought some crappy wooden neck shims from Temu that actually worked) but maybe it still needs a few adjustments. The guitar plays well enough and actually has a decent Tele sound, I didn't expect that. OK it's a bit of a mess but ... twelve years on and still a bodge. I'm lacking in the development of the necessary skills but I keep plodding along with this. Might just use it for slide. 🤔

No comments:

Post a Comment