Wednesday, February 21, 2024

464 Articles


Now I'm being lectured over the fact (?) that I've read 464 Guardian articles in the past year, a bit more than one a day. In fairness it's a better browse than the rest of the mainstream press I suppose. To be honest I can't really remember much about it all. I was trying to recollect which articles stood out ... couldn't quite think of any. In one orifice and out another it seems. Too many words, bad news, tales, opinions, events, reviews and general bullshit out there. I doubt I'll even remember writing this in a day or two. That's my level of engagement.

It's nice to be one of their top readers globally but I'm not sure that a couple of reads a day is all that an impressive statistic. What's the average strike rate? Things must be tough for all these well intentioned and noble writers out there, and just because I read it doesn't mean that I enjoy it or agree with it. What's the point of holding politicians and businesses  to account when nothing actually happens to them as a result? I do look at the glossy ads by the edges sometimes, perhaps that's not good enough if I don't buy the stuff. I wonder why? I'm just tired of it all really.

Anyway I'm being scolded for being mean they say. I get "incredible value". It's worse than shoplifting. Pay up for the privilege of clicking on our page and stumbling over our hard work. There's an idea. I get the customary commercial point but I don't really care that much. It's all bad Karma's doing; because of me being a victim of the infinitesimal Spotify, Apple, Amazon and YouTube scales of payments. Sadly nothing has any value if you create, only if you distribute. The economic model (is it a model or a blatant conspiracy piece?) is broken. You read that here, for free. I'm a terrible person.

No comments:

Post a Comment