Monday, July 08, 2024

Can't Explain


Self analysis can be either really good or a completely delusional waste of time or maybe not anything at all. So despite my ongoing serious misgivings about modern politics etc. I do feel better (?) now that the election is over and a new regime is in place. I hated the Tory churn of incompetent governments, maybe in hating them it affected me more that I knew, like some mystery disease stealing away peace of mind and clarity of thought, or living with a maniac hiding in your house. Perhaps that's an exaggeration, I don't know but they're gone for the time being. 

So I didn't vote for Labour but they won with a lot of odd numbers, a low turnout and some peculiar patterns of voting but I don't feel bad at all. Even if they make an arse of it, and they will in some areas, humans always do, for the moment it seems like some fresh and intelligent adults have walked into the room and are trying to renovate and redecorate it in a sensible way. I can't explain ... but it's not love, more like relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment