Thursday, July 11, 2024

Fried Eggs Without Crinkly Bottoms


Making fried eggs with crinkly, crispy bottoms is something I cannot do. I didn't really realise that many people like the crinkly bottom and that chefs take pride in preparing them this way. I thought that crispy, brown fried eggs were just over cooked. Turns out I was wrong. It's quite the thing with the experts on YouTube and Tock-Tick (or Toxic as some might say). Now I quite fancy one but just can't make it, the oil is not hot enough apparently and I can't cross that line without getting the rattlesnake wrist shakes. I think it's an OCD boundaries problem but I can stir fry chicken and veg so it doesn't make sense. 

Moving on from that here is this years arrangement of "summer" logs in the seasonally prepared fire place. Lit up and glowing but not a flame or any proper heat source is involved in the static display piece. Emergency (proper) logs are currently on order as we prepare our back up stocks for the up and coming Hundred Years War part two.

2 comments:

  1. I need a "like" button so I don't keep annoying you with my comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, but I'm stuck on the wrong platform for that.

    ReplyDelete