Not in central Edinburgh so much these days, I'm a little out of touch, but it seems like these new pink bikes (for hire) are everywhere. Trouble is I've not seen anybody actually riding one of them so far. Perhaps there's a few mad hours later in the evening once everybody get's a bit more relaxed and lubricated and they (?) race around the city's cycle lanes performing tricks and racking up huge rental bills.
Burn down the mission: Yeah, Princess Street is a tip, best avoided. The Great (and clearly accidental) Fire of Debenhams has not improved it either but ... the buses are flowing more freely now that they don't have to compete with the trams. This is only my opinion.
Coffee review: Surprisingly good and affordable coffee is available in Lauriston Place. It's at the ground floor coffee shop in the NHS Lauriston Building. Opening hours TBA. These days I'm a semi-regular visitor due various age related issues. The coffee and buns there are a wee treat after ... well after stuff. I guess you could also purchase some as a passer-by without being a patient or maybe you could just drop in and give a pint of your blood next door while you're there?

No comments:
Post a Comment