Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Holidays Are Over


Yes. The holiday season is finally over so now I can get back to doing more of nothing in particular. That's not strictly true. Everyday opens up like some swirling black hole of strange activities that I just fall into. Before long another day comes my way and I follow on. Rinse and repeat.

Patterns of activity appear before me and off I go. That's what you get with a big family, big ideas, big skies and a mixed bag of ill matched resources. Things just happen, fall apart or stick together. So there was no actual holiday for me during this blazing summer season, nothing that followed the customary structure and I think I feel all the better for that. 

Holidays are fine but maybe overrated because ... well there's a whole "holiday" industry we need to support; flights, airport parking, buses, hotel rooms, pavement cafes, riverbanks and of course cathedrals, museums and quaint little trinket shops to visit. A economic powerhouse to feed and nurture - but I've mostly ignored it. The cats had a nice time however. They had a virtual week away in some soporific feline dream zone. Looks fine to me and they can visit it any time they like.

No comments:

Post a Comment