Thursday, September 17, 2026

Faraday Cat Cage

 

Faraday Cat: I was wondering what it was that took up most of my headspace back in the day. I mean, before we had one AI thing after another, (data centres, music and films, total world domination), ongoing serial fuckwittery from Trump and then the state of Israel behaving like Nazi Germany in 1939-ish. I suppose there’s always some set of complete bastards who are going to spoil everything, ad nauseam. I should be used to it by now. I just need a break, or a good bottle of red.

I can’t really blame anybody who builds their own cabin in the woods or  constructs a Faraday Cage thing and tries living in it while raising chickens and growing broad beans. Cut out the signals, turn down the noise, get into a safe (?) and quiet space where you can read books, listen to music, sip nice coffee and not gulp it down, harbour your thoughts and then write them up in a notebook. After a while, put your stuff on Substack, where it'll be sweetly ignored by that faraway, wispy world that forever seems like some foreign and disturbing place right now.

If that’s not your thing, I’d recommend the Faraday Cat. A shield against the electrical spikes of reality. Just let a cat or three into your life and enjoy the soporific and cooling atmosphere they create. When they’re not throwing up, shitting at 3am or wandering off near busy roads, that is.

Cut out the noise, lose the news, fuck the zeitgeist, stop making stupid people famous, be one with your own universe, buy another guitar etc.

That’s already way too much, tbh. Now, I wonder what AI really thinks of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment