Thursday, April 11, 2019

Nothing is satisfactory

Nothing is satisfactory. Even a super massive black hole, impressive as it is and impressive as it is to have actually been found and photographed, is a little hard to take in. Do I understand any of it? No. Can I actually comprehend the meaning and significance of it? No. Is it God's eye or arse hole? Blowed if I know. It's a big crazy thing up in space that I actually do not have any terms of reference to describe, (other than dumb ass Sci-Fi film and reading experiences). None of these are quite good enough to adequately tell to my feeble brain what is actually going on. "Careful not to step in that black hole son, no good will come of it". Perhaps the Chinese will arrange a trip there, maybe Donald Trump will fund an expedition to see if it's good place to sent refugees to, the Russians might just claim it for possible mineral rights. The greedy dreamers will continue to dream, hold on to their illusions of power as they are dwarfed and ridiculed by the sheer size and magnitude of what's out there.

I actually knew that it was there all the time, I just kept quiet about it. Seemed like the right thing to do. Glad it's all out in the open now.

No comments:

Post a Comment