Friday, March 24, 2023

Free Festivals and the Romans


Sunny afternoons in the park. When I was young this seemed to me like the ideal way for a rock band to perform. Gear on a flatbed truck, pull up in a field and just blast through your set while stoned people mingle, wander and flop around the proceedings having the time of their lives. I did not consider the issues of power, sanitation, access, safety and security or the weather. 

When you're young you think everything is possible and should be dead simple. "Why can't everyone understand?" is your most common thought. I'm not sure what age I was when I understood that life really was a whole lot more complex and that most of the "other people" were as confused as I was.

A low flying, slowly passing thought: Imagine what our perception and view of world history would be like now if the Romans had invented the camera. Come on Romans, you did so much, is a simple camera too much to ask? I asked ChatGPT about the idea ...

No comments:

Post a Comment