Monday, March 13, 2023

Outlook


Rainy: Apart from a brief stint of motorway driving and operating heavy machinery (in a bank but not robbing it) most of today has been rained off. Simple as that. Too much surface water. Water does not belong on the road surface either,  according to those in charge of traffic sign messages.

Some people won Oscars, I may watch those films eventually and there are some nominated films I've actually seen. I probably won't say too much about the Oscars. Awards like these are a bit tedious.

Phoned the Vietnamese restaurant, they have 13 items on their menu but only have chicken curry available. Chicken curry isn't on the actual menu. The conversation ends abruptly.

Phoned the Chinese restaurant. Their kitchen is over capacity. I can hear some shouting and obvious turmoil in the background. I imagine chefs hitting each other with frying pans, there may be other types of mayhem afoot. The food will take an hour I'm told. OK I say, I can wait an hour. I hope nobody was hurt in the fracas.

In the new sandwich cafe the hottest sandwich is simply called "Spicy". Look out for it. Apparently it's a seven on a scale of ten. I had a Rogue, no spice just pickle. No heat but nice flavours.

It's all the fault of Brexit, the fans of Bon Iver and people who should know better.

No comments:

Post a Comment