Wednesday, July 12, 2023

20kg Bag

Fairly Irrelevant Picture.

Just how much is a 20Kg bag of wild bird feed/food these days? I'm estimating that we use about 1Kg a day, pretty much all year round. Wild bird food prices are wild, wild birds are hungry. I think I got a good deal recently at a nearby garden supplier - £18 for 20Kg. That's 90p a Kilo. 

I also enjoyed the strangely remote style of the place, I was met only by a white and ginger cat and made the transaction on the phone and picked up the sack of feed from a bin as if it was some kind of contraband. No physical human contact at all. A business model built on mystery. Other suppliers are available, or so I understand. 

This is a really dull posting but dammit I'm quite proud of my 20Kg bag, even though it's now been decanted into smaller, more handy containers. How long will it actually last then? 

No comments:

Post a Comment