Saturday, July 01, 2023

Thirteen, Maze, Abbey.


Some were seated at unlucky table 13. Free coffee grounds garden fertilizer was dispensed by an invisible machine. I ate a cake made from raspberries. 


Some mazes are just plain immature and incomplete. Not fit for purpose in this day of incessant summer rain. We did not try to solve the puzzle but simply flew a drone over it to map the entire area and then departed.


Dunfermline Abbey: I understand that there are more Scottish Kings and Queens buried here than anywhere else, mainly between the tenth and fourteenth centuries. I am unable to name them all but I've a fair idea, I'm not making a list. Funny how the ancient royal families command a respect and historical significance that our modern one doesn't. 

Dunfermline once was the capital city, on a relatively small scale, maybe size didn't matter so much then. The "Auld Alliance" between Scotland and France was signed here (well in the nearby palace ruins). I'm not sure why that matters to me but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment