Saturday, July 08, 2023

The Celestial History of Log Storage


Three days of building a log store from an old pallet and some timber bits and pieces. The old pallet arrived along with four car wheels and tyres I bought on eBay last year, good to up-cycle it. Thankfully I've not sustained any major injuries in the process, no sprains, strains or squashed fingers. That was a relief. I did swear a bit but failed to come up with any new terms. I'm just dog tired, sweaty and dehydrated. It's all age and questionable life style related, so it's my own fault.

The log store turned out OK, it looks reasonable, not too squint, not too unstable. It'll keep the logs dry and I can look upon it lovingly from time to time. On the Winter solstice the pale sun shines through the slats and beats down on the logs, feebly. It's yet to be put to the test on that, same goes for the summer setting(s). Here it is at a quarter full with the logs that lay bagged up in the garage. Now they're wild and free. We call it the Northern Log Store these days. The Southern one is a bit smaller and neglected. End of bulletin.

No comments:

Post a Comment