Thursday, July 13, 2023

Multinational Corporations Win Again

 

No hiding place from the world of big business: A few years ago I swallowed up an advertising campaign for these French biscuits and quickly became addicted. Being French they somehow look and feel "authentic" but they're just another Coca-Cola or Mars Bar type of sugar bullet. I was riding on a product life cycle graph. Eventually things bottomed out and I quickly moved onto ... I can't remember to what exactly, some other snack that promised even greater self gratification. 

Then the other day without any warning a switch was pulled in my head and I wanted a LU biscuit, badly. Now I'm back to where I started, they taste good, seem fresh and I'm scoffing them (with a measure of self control) regularly. They have returned to my ever changing top ten of tastes and treats, for a while anyway. We are all slaves to our appetites.

No comments:

Post a Comment