Sunday, January 28, 2024

Bite the Hand

Nothing new here: A common enough pastime around here is how we regularly bite the hand that doesn't actually bother feeding us, the music business. There's no money in music because it's all a one way traffic system in favour of everyone expect the musicians. Our music has been on various platforms for years and has some decent numbers, there have been plays and sparks of interest but never any real money. Now I'm just relaxed or maybe comatosed  about making progress, just swim away in your own personal lane. Also, to all the Bot factories selling the 5000+ plays con trick; no sensible person's up for that but I admire your confidence.

In my experience and opinion the likes of Spotify does nothing to help promote or support the creation of music and  really the platform offers little extra for the customer other than the music that it pushes. But what does the customer / consumer really want? I'd say Robo-pop, Rap and Hip-Hop if I'm being honest and I guess Spotify know that better than me otherwise they'd not be operating. They say that streaming is the way ... but it's not the best way forward for creators.

But look 👀 it let me make up some free artwork ...


No comments:

Post a Comment