Thursday, January 18, 2024

From China Eventually

 

Going out with a whimper followed by a surgically reduced bang. So I could've had an all electric Chinese Volvo but you know I just thought that maybe that's too much too soon. Assuming the trade routes remain open, in a decade or so we'll only have Chinese cars on the roads so maybe best to stick to the second hand market and buy up the old European tubs before they fall apart and rust away. I think that's more ethical than adding to the (insert widely misunderstood issue here ...) by using up things that are already made and that have a chance of being recycled. Fossil fuels will either dry up or be unaffordable too, so the slow death of our old and unsustainable 20th century lifestyles will be complete. With that in mind I'll continue with Porsche tech till whenever. 77% of all Porsche cars ever made are still running. That's a good statistic. Welcome to my cosmic soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment