Monday, August 28, 2023

Deviants

 

A Scottish politician is upset because somebody called him a deviant, twice apparently. He's informed the polis. Something will happen eventually. He might have been frothing at the mouth in rage, he takes things like that seriously being a public figure. He may have led a sheltered life (?). I'm not so well educated but I do know the meaning of deviant. It just means "different, not part of the norm, having different standards etc." Seems to me that's not really an insult either but a fairly accurate way to describe any modern politician. A sorry, funny but humorless bunch in my opinion (on both sides of the border), all hissy fits, posturing and taking the line however ridiculous.

Deviant is quite a useful word. In fact I just might be a deviant of some sort. I'm pretty sure I can quite easily disagree with many of the "popular, populist and woke" opinions that slide out of the orifices of many of the spokes-people who occupy positions on social media and unsocial media too, so I'm qualified. Anyway, who really gives a shit? Above is a photo of the 60s band "The Social Deviants". Writer and journalist Mick Farren was their leader. Back then you could be proud to be a deviant, it was a badge of honour, up to a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment