Wednesday, August 30, 2023

More Logs


The up-cycled log store* I built a few weeks ago is now full of logs following a delivery on Saturday. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Part of me never wants to remove a single log from the store. It's quite a big part of me. My brain I think. Fortunately we have another (smaller) log store and also some surplus logs put aside in the shed, so time is on my side for when to I have to decide what to do with them. Perhaps by that time I'll have matured into a better person or suffered some kind of health breakdown where trivial things like logs wont bother me. 

I feel like an evil billions bloke hoarding his log-based wealth that grew from a hedge (fund). Maybe we'll be living on the moon soon, logs will be obsolete then. We'll be burning Tesla batteries instead. I shouldn't think like that. Incidentally the logs are two deep on the shelves and I figured out that there are about 300 in this store, maybe 100 in the other one and about 50 in the shed. That's 450 logs in my collection of logs. Do I have enough for the horrors of winter and what about the smoke and fumes given off by actual burning? Damn. The future is bright, probably lit up by smouldering logs and burning EVs.

*Other garden projects are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment