Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Edinburgh Daily Photo

August: A sunny day in a festive Edinburgh. Crowded in the traditional, sticky and awkward festival way. Performers, tourists and facilities people everywhere, no space on pavements, traffic and the rest but it actually wasn't too bad an experience. I expected to be grumpy and uncomfortable but ... not really. Everything was fine and nothing was actually on fire.

I'm almost mellow about attending the festival city's annual binge but I'm unlikely to hurry back, a day there is quite enough. It feels like passing some weird assignment or test, set by the gods of art and entertainment with their grotesque drama masks, exceptionalism and elaborate gestures. A test that I was dreading but bungled my way through then quickly sprinted out of the exam hall doorway. I'm maybe more of a quiet art gallery kind of person I think, or enjoying a warm pint of beer in a cold pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment