Thursday, August 17, 2023

Whisky


 Irish whisky, from Ireland. 

Seen here in a mostly natural setting, the warm inner glow calmed by misshapen ice cubes slowly splintering and melting. The scene whispers "do not disturb" with no hint of accent or irony. No disturbance comes. Well maybe the odd intrusive thought, I'm not quite on top of that yet.

Everything is equally insignificant and significant all of the time. I can say that easily as I'm not a religious man nor am I a philosopher. There's no audience. I don't serve him/her upstairs or a rogue voice inside my head either. I'm not a drunk or a whisky geek but I have wobbled at times. If it comes along I'll drink it but I'm unlikely to go out a search for it. That's never a good sign of being OK.

I think that it's an easy relationship at the moment but one that I realize can become complicated. I could be wrong. So Irish whisky is good, a nice drop and there's still room in my world for the traditional Scottish as well as American and Japanese brands and any where else that can be bothered to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment