Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lunch

Lunch today in Portsmouth. The spectral spectre of the sugar and dough sign, alluring looking and blinking in the rainy mist, all misty in the blinking rain. Foraging for food and a Harry Potter wand but after a brief struggle I ended with just the food, a receipt and crumbs in my lap. On the 'plane I read a long book about a short subject, "time and eternal forgiveness" or something or was it the other way round. By the time I got to the end of it I was sadder and wiser and following on from that experience eventually happier again. That's the power of the written word and the bleak and barren conscious mind for you. After a while I was home, the travel a long way behind but there remains in me a sneaking suspicion, cloaked at the back side of my soul that I'll travel again, in the customary manner using some kind of machine, some day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment