Saturday, October 28, 2023

Future Obsessions


The ages of man: I've no idea how I'll turn out. Like some stodgy pudding perhaps. My future self is a dim shadow, even at this magnificent (by Middle Ages standards) age. A future I can neither see or touch, lurking around some awkward corner. Things may remain as they are, things may change, some other outcomes are equally possible. Medical advancements, spiritual progress, economic revolution, well organised government, chaos and disaster. There may be trends and curious predictions, like bad weather forecasts and shaky Tarot readings. 

The truth is always quite different from the expectations of witnesses and history, even recent, can easily be turned into fiction if you have the will and a malleable audience. It may be that, I'll simply turn into the wolf spirit I've always believed myself to be and head for the barren hills. Those wide open but misty spaces with their excellent spiced noodles and warm drinks. The ending would truly be good for the soul. Well for mine, but not yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment