Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Miners Undermine the UK

 

As Albert Einstein once famously said "fuck this shit". First it was the miners who undermined the UK and conveniently and at some personal cost brought coal up from the ground as they did it. Well Thatcher put paid to that idea with her economic miracles, now other "miracles" are planned most likely using AI. You can't undermine the UK, if you do you'll be labeled as an extremist. So that's the end of truth I suppose. The thing is, and I hate to point out the obvious, but the UK has been undermining itself for years and this undermining has noticeably accelerated during the Tories stupidly negative 13 years of power. 

Hailed far and wide as a failed state, a political joke or just plain cruel, twisted and corrupt across the world the UK is simply a global embarrassment. In parallel with the Tories self destructive policies I have to admit that in my thoughts, but not generally in my actions, I too have undermined the UK and I quite enjoyed doing it. It's what happens when you feel voiceless and helpless and the (at times dim) national beacon of moral responsibility is finally stubbed out by those who claim to know better.

All I need do is reflect on any of the following:  The legal system, the taxation and financial system, the education system, the class system, health, welfare, environment, industry, immigration, media and defence that have all been destroyed or changed beyond reasonable recognition in my own short lifetime. Even before that it was none too fine either as the UK writhed in the death throes of a delusional colonial power fix, overdosing on it's own vanity and bloody mindedness. The thing is - They Brought It All On Themselves (The Greedy Bastards). So who is an extremist these days?  Probably every right thinking individual, just give me a few minutes and I'll compose a short but meaningful list.

As a person who tends to over extrapolate in all directions from a single point I wondered if doing something like criticizing Morecambe and Wise, World Cup 66, Yorkshire Puddings, Christmas or even the Beatles might now count as undermining the UK in some way. I'm already braced for the impact. Those over inflated British institutions that were the bedrock of British life and sense of self, they're too revered and beloved to tolerate a subtle stabbing from the likes of me. 

Yeah (yeah), rock stars with knighthoods don't really do it for me either. Anyway the "new" Beatles tune is OK but that's about all. I doubt it would've seen the light of day but for AI's influence and Peter Jackson's understandable fanboy enthusiasm. John Lennon is rendered to look pretty strange in the video, like some hairy Scouse Norman Wisdom on speed (as below). I've heard the song twice and I may well hum it in the shower one day. What's next after this? My arrest I'd imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment