Friday, November 17, 2023

Typical Guardian Readers


I'm firmly in their woolly pullovered demographic but that was never my intention: Grown up family, three cats, retired, to the left of centre, quizzical and critical, watch Netflix now and then, concerned about the future, a bit hypocritical, try to eat right but don't, weary of politics and human idiocy, bored with any arty or theatrical stuff. I still check the news most days because I've a need to feel I'm keeping up. The Guardian on-line being more entertaining than most media sources but I don't agree with a few of the editorials, some featured material or the positioning of news. 

Too much weekend whinging, grandiosity and contradiction and that just switches me right off. Can't be bothered with guest pieces that are either vague muddles of inarticulate grumbles or mindless, ignorant privileged rants. Also Scotland barely gets a mention unless it's food, holidays or some not too well informed piece about nationalism; but still I come back, maybe it's for the cocktail of world photos right at the end. Bungle the sleepy cat finds it all pretty dull but still a good place to nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment