Friday, January 26, 2018

Most days...

That fight or flight moment.
...I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. Maybe it's because I've recently watched a few of Jordan Peterson's* performances and remained a mixture of baffled, on the fence and impressed (and worried). Also for the first time in my life I understand the term cognitive dissonance. It's as if a mirror somewhere in my soul  has cracked or there's been a great outcry far away in the universe that the Force has transmitted to my inner being. The good news is that I don't feel a failure but I don't really feel like I'm a success either but that's because I'm a lazy reader man-child kind of person who has been hurt (a little) but refuses to hurt in return but sometimes does unintentionally hurt but possibly on purpose. The other problem is watching the slow decline of "Vikings" on Amazon Prime (or watching the slow decline of Amazon Prime on the Vikings). A bloody, battle scarred soap opera where the characters seem to exhibit a great deal of cruelty, stupidity and cognitive dissonance. We're in Season 6 now and civilization seems a long way away. Is it still the Dark Age or something? Perhaps there's just a continuous Dark Age rolling on and on riddled with moaning misunderstanding and, you guessed it, serial cognitive dissonance and we're all doomed to hike through it's battlefields as we trudge towards Valhalla, which as it turns out is in Iceland.

*Jordan Peterson? Yeah...not so sure right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment