Thursday, May 28, 2009

Owner of a lonely heart


The strange black window that is not a window.

The rhubarb harvest is coming in, stick by stick, stalk by stalk, leaf by leaf into the compost bin. The fresh stalks will be cleaned and soaked in brandy and sugar, raisins will be added and golden syrup. Then the steady baking in the slowest and most effective heat that Scottish electricity can muster - and then we breathe deeply and wait. And so to sleep.

It's true a cat can fit into a Tesco "bag for life".

Currently listening to "Owner of a lonely heart" by Yes. Going round and round in my head. Is there no end to this madness?


2 comments:

  1. That's daylight robbery that is.
    A cat can probably fit into the plastic tesco bags too but it's not advisable.
    Rhubarb fool with ground gingernut biscuits is one of my favourite rhubarb combos.
    Now I have owner of a lonely heart in my head and i haven't been listening to it...the madness spreads

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is daylight robbery that is.
    A cat can probably fit into a tesco plastic bag too but it's not advisable.
    Rhubarb fool with ground ginger nut biscuits is one of my favourite rhubarb dishes.
    Now "Owner of a Lonely Heart" is in my head and I've not been listening to it. The madness continues...

    ReplyDelete