Sunday, July 01, 2007

Kittens





impossible songs









impossible songs


Kittens

Here are the Kittens: Smudge, Baillie, Clint, Sleepy, Happy, Doc, Grumpy, Surly and Snow White (I may have made up and added a few of these names in error). We know that Smudge will be coming to live with us and enjoy the mouse, rabbit and bird Cornucopia of West Lothian as Syrus already does, the big question is will some other brother or sister accompany him on this journey from Fife?

Fraser and Karen’s party.

The rain didn’t dampen the music and good times at the annual Edinburgh pageant that is Fraser’s mid-summer party. A host of local musos turned out to eat, drink and jam together as is the custom. My favourite pieces of the night were: Man of Constant Sorrow, Copperhead Road, The Passenger, You never can tell (Cest las vie) and various Confushion classics. The Screaming Armadillos lent a hand as both lead and backing musicians and I plunked a nice 12 string guitar while Ali sang and Fingers Farrel played bass. We also saw a pineapple tree full on munching snails, were cooled by the Mandolin Wind and experimented with a 100 ways to open a beer bottle without a bottle opener. Fraser we salute you.

I.pod Nano.

A young person’s guide to good taste in music, so what could be better? Muse, Artic Monkeys, RHCP, Gorillaz, White Stripes, Right Said Fred and the Spice Girls, (eh?).

Saturday Afternoon.

Pitch shifter / chorus / acoustic sim No9 and a poppy drum machine – fun for all on a wet Saturday afternoon.

Bored.

I’m bored with booze and LSD, with Frank Sinatra’s new LP, with all the things you’ve laid on me, with politics and philosophy, the endless enigmas of reality, your puerile aims at sanctity, more rock and roll insanity, your witless, bleak profanity.

So I resolve to stay undone, to breach the barricades to come, to bless the priests or curse the nun, to spend the cash I have not won, to read the riot act and run, to sleep and idle in the sun and when you say “what have you done?”, I’ll just stick out my big red tongue, I’m bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment