1. Days away from the internet, ration style phone use.
2. Read any book, play a musical instrument, sing to yourself.
3. Wear comfortable and practical clothes.
4. Walk whenever possible.
5. Sleep without any alarm device nearby.
6. Eat yogurt, fruit, milk - lay off coffee.
7. Reflect on past decisions, take a journey in your mind.
8. Nap when you feel the need to.
9. Limit TV viewing, avoid newscasts and serials.
10. Spend time outside, watch the weather, study the sky.
(Then wake up from that pleasant enough dream and have a good moan to yourself about trivia or nothing really, get bored with Twitter and shouty headlines after thirty seconds exposure and then go out and step in some dog shit and sniff the pungent unpleasantness of a nearby blocked drain as some idiot growls past you in a Ricer modified Honda painted purple and a man standing in a bus queue spits into the gutter and throws down some litter.)
Time moves on as it must:
"When that fragile moment of cleansing finally arrived it was more spectacular and magical than I could have ever imagined."